Man Cave Build

Rebelwork

I tried to think ahead. Phone and tv cable are the only things put in house in 1999. Now cat5 and cable are put in on a regular bases. It constantly changes which is the reason I suggest access to get from wall to wall. It's easy to spend a few hundreds now and may never need it with things changing(WiFi) but We do the best we can in the moment.If you can move wire around in those soffits,etc you'll save future headaches as things change.

I did run speaker wiring and cable once or twice on every wall. But.......Didn't map it out on paper and over the years forget were I put them in the ceiling

Tonto say......"Bird where put wire? Bird no say. Tonto more confused"

View attachment 252 johnny.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I will put in the cross bracing for the TVs and will need the plugs for the speakers. Running CAT 6e and ca bling will also be done at the time. I have been traveling the last 10 days so nothing has been completed. Hopefully this week I can pick this back up.

Rebelwork

$25-$35 is a base quote on walls,simple electrical and plumbing if it exists and carpet isn't included. After that the price goes up.I remodeled for awhile. It's like a car base model price and then the upgrades

What was the layout for the bar? Any pictures?

Personally I'm a shwinger. I always shwing towards da bar...
yu6t (104).jpg

Last edited:
No real pictures of the bar but will be a normal bar with cabinets under and back.

Today finished one of the soffits and added two walls and started the longer soffit. Finding out that the longer soffit is really a two person job and I am only one person so finding ways to make it work. Slowing me down but plodding along nicely. Have a plumber coming this week to get a quote so I can decide if I am doing that to not.

Rebelwork

I was just concerned about the $18k for the bar and how that estimate came forth. Find a bar on the internet that suits you and post it. Maybe I can give you some insight on price. Unless the bar has crazy features it should be no more than cabinet pricing plus the top.

The company I work for does a lot of the bars for the restaurant industry including Tilted Kilt. I don't know if this helps but it certainly helps me;).
4-of-our-2015-calendar-girls.jpg

Last edited:

Rebelwork

I might be able to help a bit more. I have cabinet vision solids but no key anymore and my Ecabinets doesn't work on my older windows 7. My wife has a newer laptop I might put the program on hers and can draw something up. I'm on a lot of woodworking forums where I might be able to find you a local who can get the cabinets at a reasonable price.
mullins save1.jpg mullins save 4.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. Picture the front bar like an island in a kitchen.. Two levels one higher (Bar Height) 1 lower counter top height where the cabinets will be. Back bar will just have counter top height top and cabinets / coolers.

[houzz=[URL]http://www.houzz.com/photos/1970361/St-Charles-Il-Basement-and-Bar-contemporary-basement-chicago][/URL]

Not doing the ceiling that way just front bar back bar and shelves. The rock is a wish list item.

Sorry guys it's been a very busy last couple of weeks. Traveling for work and getting the yard ready now that it is finally almost sorta nice out. I had the Plumber stop over for a quote and hopefully the electrician next week. Now that I had the plumber answer some questions I can finish the bathroom rough in.

Rebelwork

Sorry guys it's been a very busy last couple of weeks. Traveling for work and getting the yard ready now that it is finally almost sorta nice out. I had the Plumber stop over for a quote and hopefully the electrician next week. Now that I had the plumber answer some questions I can finish the bathroom rough in.

It will come. Set yourself a deadline you would like to be done and try and hit it.

Rebelwork

If he's like most. Kids games,landscaping and anything outdoors rules the perch right now. As soon as it's too hot to spend time outdoors(fishing for me) the cooled air conditioner of a nice "Man Cave" gets priority.

chipjoker

I have a few project I have to do now, and it is getting hotter here in SoCal. luckily I am going to do concrete slab for a storage unit and then turn my garage into a MAN CAVE...
I also have a kitchen I have to do for the wife and 2 bathrooms, but thats all indoors (for the most part)

My garage will have central air BTW, but I do have to make some items movable in case I do need to build something... Like a new poker table to go with my custom chips I ordered....

Finally making progress again. Electrical is all done and all of the doors are in. Plumber will be back tomorrow to finish and the drywall will be started on Friday. Now that it is winter I get to work on may project. Yay me.