Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

TMS Custom Felt Table build

IaHawk

Awesome table! I'm looking to do something very similar, minus the custom cloth and I'll have folding legs. Would you happen to have the plans you used for this?

chipjoker

I can try to put something together..

I took two sheet of 3/4" ply, cut 4" off one side (Ply is now 96 x 44) and cut the radius on both. to look like this.
1518125877482.png

Cut out the center, i did a 5" rail:
1518125999936.png

Then the second piece of plyyou cut 1.5" all around OFF (you will use this piece so leave it one piece). The center of this is your playing surface.
1518126231737.png

I then put the rail and the outer ring (under rail) together. Then with the rail on the playing surface I drilled counter bors for the T-nuts and then drilled thru holes for bolts.

1518126916569.png

Then you can screw your legs to the underside, or add the a piece of ply were you plan on mounting your legs, the it is ready to upholster..
1" thick padding for the rail - 55ilb or heavier. Try to get one piece that will cover the entire rail with no seems.
1/4" closed cell for the playing surface. Try to get one piece that will cover the entire playing surface with no seems.
Vinyl: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0042TOBM8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Good stuff.
Try and get the foam/padding locally, it will be cheaper. I spent about $83 on amazon with like $15 shipping.

Hope this helps @IaHawk